Growing your company has never been easier. From business leads and construction referrals to green building initives and awards programs, ABC offers tools to help its members develop business opportunities and promote company achievements and capabilities to potential clients.
To stay competitive, contractors are continually looking for ways to win work and deliver that work profitably. ABC offers tools to help its members grow business and highlight company achievements and capabilities to potential clients.
Download an overview of our business development programs.
ABC offers many awards that highlight the quality of its member companies. Members should also check with the local chapter for additional award opportunities.
- Excellence in Construction
- National Safety Excellence Award
- National Diversity Excellence Award
- STEP Diamond and Platinum
Accredited Quality Contractor
The AQC program honors construction firms which have documented their commitment in five key areas of corporate responsibility:
- Community Relations
- Employee Benefits
AQC designated contractors enjoy wide recognition within the industry, the business community and the public.
In today's competitive arena, contractors need efficient educational opportunities. ABC offers a variety of webinars covering topics important today and tomorrow.
ABC Peer Groups bring together similar members to find unique solutions to common barriers. Network with your colleagues to share best practices and grow your business.
Save Money With Exclusive Discounts From ABC's Business Partners
Your Discounts Offset the Membership Fee
Every business is different, but every contractor has expenses. Here’s how much a typical contractor with 15 employees can expect to save in one year with just a few of the ABC member business discounts.
Example of Company Savings
Product or Service
Chevrolet Cargo Van
Verizon Wireless Service
7 cell phones
Aramark Apparel Rental
Total Savings for Year: $3,458
“Our construction business has 18 employees. Currently, we’re saving $4,176 with two of ABC’s discount programs, which more than
pays for our membership dues.”
Annapolis Contracting, Inc.
Saving You Money*
Tap into exclusive discounts for ABC members and save on business services and products you’re already purchasing.
• General Motors
– Save up to $1,000 per vehicle on top of other incentives
• Verizon Wireless
– Save up to 20% on mobile phone plans
– Save 29% on overnight delivery services
– Save up to $2,500 per fleet vehicle on top of other fleet discounts
– Save 20% on safety apparel
• And More!
– See all the vendors and get the most current program updates at www.abc.org/discounts.
* Vendors and discounts subject to change.
Building Your Business
Take advantage of great resources and programs to grow your business.
• Find A Contractor
– Lists your business on ABC’s online member database with powerful search tools
• Accredited Quality Contractor
– Shows prospective clients that you have achieved a high level of corporate responsibility
• Safety Training Evaluation Process
– Improves your company’s safety practices and can lower your workers’ compensation insurance rates
• Excellence in Construction Awards
– Showcases your company’s best projects
• Networking Events
– Connects you with contractors and leaders in the construction field
• Peer Groups
– Share experiences with contractors from across the country
Keeping You Informed
ABC provides resources to help you stay current with the information you need to make better business decisions.
• Construction Executive
– The magazine for the business of construction
• ABC Newsline
– Weekly electronic newsletter for merit shop contractors
• Local Newsletters
– Print and electronic publications of regional interest
• Legal Resources
– Get help on labor and construction law issues
• Construction Economic Update
– Stay current on news that impacts your business
Contren® Connect is an interactive online tool for construction education! Flexible enough to be used as a self study guide, in blended/distance education, or in the traditional classroom, Contren® Connect is the perfect online supplement to use with the Contren® Learning Series Trainee Guides.
Contren® Connect eBooks include all of the content of the print Trainee Guides and a wide range of visual, auditory, and interactive elements to enhance student learning and instructor delivery of craft training! Select the VIEW DEMO button to the left for a guided tour.
Developed by the NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) and Pearson, Contren® Connect features standardized curricula for core introductory craft skills, carpentry, Construction Technology, HVAC, electrical, electronic systems technician, plumbing and Your Role in the Green Environment.
See the Features & Benefits page to find out all that Contren® Connect has to offer.
To learn more about Contren® Connect, sign up today for one of our Fall Workshop Webinars. Click here for more information, to view the schedule, and to sign up for a time that works for you!